Tuesday, April 17, 2012

G's new toy

(I already wrote and published this post once yesterday, but I somehow deleted it.  I didn't take quite as long to write it out this second time around.  Sorry!)
I wish that I could pretend for a second that all of our boxes are gone and that we are totally settled into our house since it has been over three weeks since we moved in. (Really? it has only been three weeks that I've had to walk around a house hunting for things like underwear, shoes, poo bags (still m.i.a), cleaning supplies, and tools??) Unfortunately, this picture tells the truth. 
We have been saying for a while that we needed to get Grayson a jumperoo or exersaucer, so I decided to peruse the children's consignment stores near the galleria on Friday afternoon.  At my first stop, I found a jumperoo for $50 - half price! - but I decided I would see what was available at the other store on my list before making the purchase.  I found an exersaucer at the second store for $35 and purchased it on the spot.  I couldn't believe that I could get both items for the full price of ONE at a retail store.  I never made it back to the first store for the jumperoo though, so we'll see if I still need to find one of those at a later date.  
Grayson really seems to like the exersaucer.  We have been able to get him to stay in it for 20-30 minutes before he starts getting fussy.  This allowed us to get a majority of our bedroom unpacked this weekend and to get the closet situation under control.  



No comments:

Post a Comment