Friday, September 16, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Pancakes

The hubs went to a conference in Colorado this summer for school and stayed in a bed and breakfast where he enjoyed some delicious cinnamon apple pancakes.  I had decided that once he got back, I would try to recreate them since he liked them so much.  It took a while for me to remember to have an apple on hand on the weekend, but I finally got around to it this past Sunday.
I didn't go all out and make the pancake mix from scratch - I just used our box mix - and then added some diced apples and cinnamon to the batter.  The pancakes were just okay, but nothing to write home about.  I guess I am going to have to find a good pancake recipe for us.  The apples were a good consistency, but I felt like they needed to be a little sweeter, and I couldn't really taste the cinnamon that much.  
Any suggestions??  The concept really intrigues me, I just can't get the taste to line up with my expectations and P's Colorado pancakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment