Thursday, September 15, 2011

35 Weeks

Last week I was 35 weeks pregnant (according to the original due date of Oct. 12).  We finally got around to taking some pictures on the last day of the 35th week.  I was kind of over it and ready for dinner, so they aren't the best pictures that we've taken, but P worked well with what I gave him ;).  At 35 weeks, Grayson was about 5 1/4 pounds (!!) and around 18 inches long.  The weight is similar to that of a honeydew melon.

The fun news about this week is that the baby's basic physical development is now mostly complete, and his main job is just to bulk up a little more in the coming weeks.  It is a relief to know that should he come any day now, he should be fully developed and perhaps not even need a stay in the NICU.

 I had an all day continuing eduction conference downtown this particular day, so I was unable to sit with my feet raised at all.  As you might be able to see, my feet were so swollen by the end of the day.  It didn't help, of course, that the 100 degree heat came back this week as well.  Last weekend, my feet actually looked like feet again after four or five consecutive days under 97 degrees and a day at the spa with a massage and pedicure, and we thought the swelling might stay away after that.  We were so wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment