Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weekend Project

The hubs has an all day conference on Saturday that he will be attending for school, so I have decided there isn't a better day to tackle this project.  P and I have decided on the crib skirt look that we want, and when I looked into having it made, the quote came back at over $300.  Well, that seemed a bit steep for my checkbook, so I remembered a blog post I saw where she made her own skirt without a sewing machine.  The look that we are going for closely relates to a beautiful bedding set from Serena and Lily, so I went to a fabric store last night after work to see if I could find any slate/black seersucker material.  I lucked out and found exactly what I was looking for!
 Of course, I didn't purchase the fabric yet, and if you know me, you know I will probably look at three more craft/fabric stores before I make the final decision.  At $12.99/yard, I think I will be able to make our own crib skirt for something around $20!! 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment