Wednesday, August 17, 2011

31 Weeks

This week The Bean is about 16 inches long and weighs around 3.3 pounds.  The app that I use to know what fruits to equate this to said that it was about the weight of 4 navel oranges. Well, they must get massive oranges wherever they are, because I couldn't get 4 oranges to weigh over 2.5 pounds at the grocery store.  I'm sure I look really silly gathering fruit and then weighing it multiple times!  Next, I tried 3 grapefruits hoping that they would do the trick...but no.  I finally found a cantaloupe that would work!  I think that is the most time I've spent in the produce section in quite a long time.
My back has started to really hurt over the last week or two, mostly sciatic nerve pain that comes and goes as it pleases.  That is really the only new pregnancy symptom that I have noticed recently. I have stopped wearing heels for the most part.  I am even wearing "nice" flip flops to work these days, but don't worry, I keep black and brown heels in my office in case of an emergency!  (you know...all of those pesky internal audit emergencies...)  I did wear heels for this photo session though, just for a change of pace.  No worries, they were only on my feet for about 5 minutes.






 We are to the portion of the program where I will be going to the OB every other week, which is super crazy because that seemed so far away when the Doctor's office first gave me the 9 month schedule.  We are contemplating a mini-baby-moon this weekend, perhaps Galveston for a night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment