Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Happy Place

It has been a while since I have baked anything, with the heat and growing belly, I have been too tired to stand in the kitchen all day and make anything.  A few weeks ago I went as far as to get the chocolate chips out for some cookies before deciding against it.  Well, on Friday, a co-worker found out the sex of her baby on the way, and I decided to use it as an excuse to bake!


I went with a box cake mix for the cupcakes and then decided to make some butter cream frosting from scratch.  When I was at Hobby Lobby looking for the cupcake toppers, I bought a new piping bag and tip to play with for the icing.  I think they turned out really nicely!
They taste really yummy, too.

Ahh, baking...you take me to my happy place! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment