Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Nursery

We got most of the nursery finished before Grayson got here, but there were a few finishing touches that did not get done until a week ago.  I am really pleased with how his little space turned out! 
The letters were the last thing to be hung


My mom and I put the wall decals up one afternoon.  We were afraid that it was going to take us all day to install both wall features, but thankfully, the way that they came made it pretty easy.  I think it just took us 2 hours to do both!  I am so glad that we got color on the walls with the tree decal.  I think it adds so much to the space. 
 The tissue paper poms were just being stored in the crib when Grayson got here because I had not gotten around to hanging them.  They were decoration used at his baby shower, and I decided to bring some of them home for the nursery.  My mom, sister, and sister-in-law hung these up for us while we were at the hospital - I was so thankful for that!
The top three drawers are Gray's initials!

I am very happy that Grayson has his own space, but that he is in our room at the same time.  It makes the nighttime feedings a lot easier.  And, I will admit, after I put him back in his crib and climb in my bed, I usually can't fall asleep until I get up and make sure he is breathing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment