Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Bump's Progress

  All of the pregnancy trackers like to equate the baby's size to a piece of produce every week.  I saw a really cute idea of taking pictures with the produce each week as a way to document the pregnancy.  We liked the idea, but didn't get around to it until week 15.
Week 15 
  In week 15, the baby is compared to the size of a naval orange at 4 inches long and 2.5 ounces.

Week 16
   In week 16, the baby is the size of an avocado at 4.6 inches long and 3.5 ounces.

Week 17
In week 17, The Bean is the size of an onion at 5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces.

  As of 17 weeks 5 days, I am still in my regular clothes with the tummy band on most of my pants.  I think that dresses are going to be my uniform for the next 5 months to get me through the Houston summer, so anytime I see a cute dress that looks like it has extra room for a tummy, I've been picking them up.  I hope the new dresses fit for as long as I am expecting them to!  The dresses in the pictures above are all pre-pregnancy purchases.  My belly isn't really pronounced in any of them unless I cup under my stomach. 
  I am really happy with the way the produce pictures will help us to track the pregnancy.  Thanks to Carolee's blog for the great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment