Thursday, May 19, 2011

Boy, oh boy!

After waiting two hours past our ultrasound appointment time, we were finally called back to get the ultrasound started.  I thought that the tech would be able to tell us right away what The Bean's gender was, but apparently she is not allowed to.  So, she started by taking a lot of measurements of the head, brain, heart, bones, and kidneys.  She got a good shot between the legs and said it was "pretty obvious" but she couldn't say.  I looked over at P and he had a big smile on his face...but we had to wait for the Doctor to know for sure.  Since we had waited for so long, we had a parade of people coming in during the ultrasound and apologizing to us, they even sent the Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology in to take a look at the final scan and declare to us that we were, in fact, having a little boy!  Everything appeared to look great, and they told us that our due date is most likely going to be a week earlier than we were thinking due to the measurements that they took and our past ultrasounds.  
After our appointment, we went to Old Navy and Target to look at little boy things.  We made our first boy purchases yesterday and scored some super cute stuff.  P is obsessed with little hats and sunglasses for babies.  We got a really cute hat, but we're still on the lookout for the perfect pair of infant sunglasses.

Thanks to everyone who took part in our baby poll!  I, like the majority of the votes, thought we were going to have a little girl.  I guess I should have paid more attention to my only dream about The Bean where the doctor declared him a boy!

2 comments:

  1. I am just beside myself with joy. Oh hello there Jessica, you look lovely from the side...why yes, that is because I am full of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love boys.... i can't wait to go buy stuff for him.....

    Jules

    ReplyDelete