Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Ballet

  When we moved to Houston almost 2 years ago, the only good thing about it in our minds was that it meant we would no longer live in College Station.  This spring however, someone from the hubs' lab sent out an email showing a collection of free outdoor performances at an amphitheater pretty close to where we live.  Growing up, my family used to go to amphitheater performances and I loved it.  I did some investigating and found that the Houston Ballet would be performing one weekend!  Since I was a ballerina for 11 years, and I can't remember the last time I actually WENT to the ballet, I was ecstatic.  I had never subjected the hubs to a ballet before, and figured a free event where we could get up and walk out if necessary was a great baby step. 
  The performance consisted of three different dances, one turned out to be more traditional (yippee, got my fix!), one was more interpretive, and the last was more theatrical.  I think that the differences helped to keep P in his seat and entertained...although I don't think I'll be talking him into going to the Nutcracker anytime soon!  I am so excited that we tried the outdoor theater, and I hope that we can find a few more performances that will interest us enough to get us up there another time this year.    

No comments:

Post a Comment