Monday, April 15, 2013

The Naked Chef

Grayson usually makes it pretty difficult to make dinner on weeknights when P hasn't gotten home, but I may have found a solution to that problem last night!  After Grayson's bath, I decided that I would try to get our dinner started before feeding Grayson his own dinner. I sat Gray on the counter next to me and I started cooking the taco meat.  Grayson really enjoys watching us cook, and usually wants to be involved in the process.  This time, however, he found a bag of chips that were on their way to being stale and started taking the chips out one by one.  Since he was content and I was able to cook, I didn't stop him.  Then, I decided (after realizing just how many chips he had taken out of the bag and piled on the counter) that I should have him put them in a bowl.  I put a few of the chips in the bowl, and then he started putting the rest in there.  He then picked his utensil from the bucket behind him, and then he "cooked" some chips for a good 15 minutes!  While he preferred the whisk for a majority of the time, he also used one of the wooden spoons and tried to taste his creation.



He was so into it that if I tried to get too close to him, he would push me away and say "move!"  I didn't realize cooking chips was such serious business!



No comments:

Post a Comment