Monday, September 17, 2012

Playing outside

Since we live in Houston, Grayson has not had much exposure to the great outdoors in the last few months due to the heat.  Any time that we go outside, we can tell that he really enjoys being out, but we have not really played with him outside.  He has some playtime outside at school, and now that it is cooling off, they go to the playground more often.  A few weeks ago, The Hubs was working on a Sunday, so Grayson and I were left to find something to keep ourselves busy.  I thought about buying a baby pool, and even ended up finding one half off, but when we got home, I realized I didn't want to blow it up and decided to save it for next year.  The next best thing I could think of was to fill some big bowls with water and let Gray splash around.
 
 
Grayson had a good time splashing in the water and playing with his rubber ducky.

He started getting more interested in the leaves on the ground and then crawled into the grass a little.  Our mini splash day ended once he made the dirt into mud and had a very dirty onesie.  I decided, however, that his splash time didn't have to end.  I put him in the big tub for the first time at our house (he had big tub baths at Mimi and Grandaddy's while we were in India), and he has only bathed in the big tub ever since. 
He loves to splash around in the tub and stand in front of the faucet and jiggle the piece that turns on the shower head.  Bath time has become even more fun for Grayson, and I usually plan on it taking a bit longer than it used to.  I am totally fine with this since he enjoys it so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment