Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sick Baby

Grayson has been sneezing and congested since Saturday, but last night he started running a fever (24 weeks, 6 days old).  I had occasionally thought he felt warm before and taken his temperature under his arm, but this time it was 99.5.  I realized this meant that I would really need to take his temperature rectally (one of those moments that I wasn't looking forward to as a parent) so that I had a number that I could compare to our baby books.  The reading said 101.8 and we decided that if he still had a fever this morning, we'd take him to the doctor.  He woke up at 12:30 and sometime during that 1 1/2 hour stint I took his temperature again and it was 101.6.  At that point, I decided I would be staying home and calling the doctor's office as soon as they opened. 
At the doctor's office he weighed 17 pounds, 15 ounces!  The doctor said that it doesn't sound like it has traveled into his  lungs, so we just need to make sure he keeps eating and give him some baby Tylenol.  She also recommended a product that I had seen here and there online that kind of grossed me out.  It is a super snot sucker, and because we love baby G so much, we bought it and tried it out this afternoon.  They say that there is protection between the user and the snot, so at least that makes me feel a little better, but if you heard how stopped up this kiddo was, you'd try anything as well!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment