Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day

For Father's Day, P and I went out for brunch for his favorite Houston meal of the moment - crab cake eggs benedict.  It was a "cooler" morning, so we sat on the patio and enjoyed a great meal.  A lot of the tables were families with young children celebrating Father's Day.  I have loved seeing P's views on kids change over the last few months.  At brunch he watched the kids and commented and laughed at what they were doing, where before, they wouldn't have crossed his radar.  Perhaps it was because they were all stylin' in their Sunday best, but I don't think so.  He is going to be a great dad, I am so excited for him!  

I got P the ceramic knife that he's been looking at for a while, so we decided he needed to test out his cutting skills that evening.  I think the gift was a great success, he so enjoyed his chopping.  We must think that P enjoys cooking because my parents sent him some great grilling gear for Father's Day in addition to some wooden puzzles to teach our son how to do some day.

This weekend, P was talking to The Bean and had his head close enough that The Bean kicked him in the face.  It was so entertaining that we had to see if he would do it again, turns out, he would - right in the cheek.  I am excited about next year when our son is here to celebrate Father's Day with his Daddy.  I just hope he doesn't kick his Dad in the face that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment