Monday, August 27, 2012

Zucchini for baby

One of the cooking blogs that I frequent posted a recipe for zucchini bread pancakes recently and I decided that might be the perfect way to get Gray to eat something green! (Is it sad that I have resorted to hiding the vegetables already!?)  After acquiring all of the necessary ingredients, I was able to attempt making them Sunday morning.  When the Hubs got out of bed and found us in the kitchen, he decided he needed to take a picture.



Let's first assume that I am wearing something a little more appropriate and that I brushed my hair before P took this picture of us....okay?  Thanks a bunch!  I had my little "helper" on the counter because he was not happy anywhere else.  I guess it is okay that he saw me using the secret ingredient since he has no idea what it is yet.


Yes, there is a picture of Grayson and me looking at the camera, but it would take more than the Crave Cupcake box in the lower right hand corner to distract you from my bedhead.  Gotta have some sort of limits!



  After making Gray's breakfast, I put the rest of the eggs that I bought to good use and made P and I some migas.  I didn't make anything fancy, just used some jarred salsa, fried some corn tortillas and cooked it in with the eggs.  Topped it with some shredded cheese and called it a day.


The Hubs and I enjoyed our breakfast, and Gray ate his zucchini without any hesitation (yay!).  The only down side is that this pancake is a little softer than most pancakes, so it made a bigger mess while he fed himself.  Oh well, he was happy and so were we!





On a different note, we have had much more success with a cup and straw than sippy cups, so we picked up a toddler cup/straw combo this weekend that is working really well.  He looks like such a big boy when he holds his own cup and drinks more when he has control over it.


One final note.  The food blogger linked to an article with some zucchini humor that I am embarrassed to say still makes me chuckle when I think about it.  Enjoy :)
Forget the zombie apocalypse. It’s summertime and the zucchini apocalypse is upon us.

You’ve probably heard the jokes about getting rid of over-zealous zucchini this time of year, especially if you’re a home gardener. For example:

How do you know someone’s got no friends? When you see them shopping for zucchini in summertime.

Or, when do country folks lock their car doors? In the height of summer, for fear someone might slip a bag of zucchini in there.

You get the idea.

A single zucchini plant can produce dozens of fruits over the course of a couple of months, prompting stealth gifts to neighbors and friends.
Okay, I'll stick to posting blogs with pictures of The Bean and leave the humor to others.  And yes, I'm still snickering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment