Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby's First Opinions

Its no secret that one of my biggest cravings in this pregnancy has been cinnamon rolls.  Well, when my parents were in town a week ago, we watched a show on the Cooking Channel that highlighted a bakery in Charlotte, NC where the most amazing cinnamon rolls were being baked.  This made me search the internets for "the best cinnamon roll in Houston".  The same bakery came up a few times and after further investigation, I found that they don't have a storefront, but they sell this baked deliciousness at a farmer's market in town.  This was a great find, because mixing a farmer's market and cinnamon rolls might just be two of my favorite things!  P and I went Saturday morning and found that these cinnamon rolls are, in fact, as big as my head.  We split one, and even then, we didn't finish it.  A few bites in, The Bean started kicking and moving around a lot.  I guess I can't assume this means that he liked it, but I choose to think that is the case.  Either way, I am sure he has an opinion on cinnamon rolls. 
While we walked around the market, we found some spicy goat cheese for P, some onion/cheese rolls, garlic chives (I had to try them because I'd never heard of them), and as we were leaving, we saw a vendor with Indian food!  Once we saw that he was selling samosas, we were in.  We decided on the vegetable ones since he didn't have beef, and decided to have those for lunch the next day.  Well, wouldn't you know, The Bean started kicking and moving around a lot again after I had the delicious samosas.  P was very excited that his baby boy seems to already enjoy samosas as much as he does. 
yum.
I generally notice The Bean's movement increase after I eat high sugar foods (what?  I can't help it lately!), but I must say, the samosas were the first savory dish that I really noticed this with.  We have tried to incorporate Indian food into our diets a little more during the pregnancy in case it will help him to like Indian food more.  Our main issue has been that we can't find an Indian food restaurant in town that we are wild about.  I guess we'll have to do some more searching.  Chicken Tikka is on the homemade menu for the week as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment