Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

:: Grayson can count to 10.  By himself.  It is still awesome every time he does it!  We noticed that he would count with us to 10 a week or so before his birthday, but now, he does it on his own in various scenarios.  The other day he was standing in front of the fridge while I was cooking dinner and he counted to ten about 3 or 4 times in a row!  He occasionally gets a few numbers out of order, but for the most part?  He's spot on!

:: We still have boxes that have never been unpacked.  Like...lots.  I don't think we'd even miss them if we just tossed them into the trash at this point.  It's almost been 4 1/2 months since we moved!  I think I am so unmotivated because we have ZERO storage space left in this house.  I don't know where any of it would go.  Oy.

:: I'm enjoying my new job for the most part, which is more than I could have said about my last few.  It stretches my accounting comfort zone and I feel like I could learn a lot about corporate accounting with this role.

:: P has been home in the evenings most of the time since we moved back.  I think Gray and I will be devastated when he starts his internal medicine and surgery rotations.  We've been spoiled with these first blocks.

:: My sister is getting married in 16 days!  I am so stoked.  (Do people still say stoked?)

:: This means I am flying solo with Grayson in 16 days.  For that?  Not quite as stoked, but we'll manage.  A fun trip to D.C. will totally be worth it!

:: I made a really yummy dinner on the fly tonight.  Roasted Indian cauliflower with rice and yogurt.  YUM!  I just want to have the recipe documented somewhere.

:: We applied for Gray's passport this morning and then got to have a family breakfast before heading to school/work.  It was a lovely morning, even if we were up early and at the passport office by 7:30.  Side note:  there was NO ONE at the passport office at 7:30 am.  There were 5 stalls for applicants and we were the only ones there.    

G got a haircut on Sunday for his Aunt's wedding

His first attempt at a selfie

Trying on a cast that Daddy made at work one day

No comments:

Post a Comment