Saturday, October 5, 2013

Grayson's Second Birthday Party

I started planning Gray's second birthday party by telling myself that I was not going to do as much this year as I did in the previous year.  Well, aside from not serving 40 people dinner, I didn't keep my promise.  About a month and a half out, I started planning his airplane themed birthday party.  Grayson has called airplanes "bigbigs" for quite a while, and he points out every.single.one. that he sees.  (Did I mention that we live really close to an airport??)  I am pretty happy with how the party turned out, although I wish that the main table had looked a little more full.  I always forget how large my in-laws' table is!






We named the airline 'Jet Gray'
 
I cut out every single one of those airplanes - I'm glad I did it over a two week period because otherwise my wrist would have fallen off.  Note to self - don't cut out small objects for next year's party!

These are chocolate airplanes that I made two days before the party with some airplane molds that I bought online.  Although few were eaten, I thought they added a cute touch to the table.  For the clouds, I just hot glued some quilt bunting to floral Styrofoam blocks.
Marshmallow propellers that I made the night before the party.  It took me about 2 hours to make about 35 - not too bad.  These also added a really cute element to the table.


I made this popcorn for Grayson's first birthday as well.  It is a great way to integrate the birthday colors into food.  This year I made blue and orange popcorn.




Grayson had a great time at his party.  He played with all of the kids that came, enjoyed his cake this time around, and had a blast opening his gifts.  He seemed a little confused this year regarding his gifts.  When I told him to thank the gift-giver, he took the gift to them and handed it to them.  Haha, oh well.  He'll get it soon enough.







Whew.  Long post!  Thanks for sticking around!

No comments:

Post a Comment