Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Independence can be messy

A new skill!

Grayson has started to really prefer feeding himself at dinner time - I think they have to feed themselves lunch everyday at school, so he is getting used to it.  We know that Grayson needs to develop this skill, and we don't want to hold him back, but my goodness!  It is such a messy process!  Gray comes home from school with food all over his clothes most days (ruining some shirts - I'm talking to you $20 Baby Gap Valentine shirt that he only wore to school ONCE!) and then proceeds to add more food to his clothes at dinner.  I would obviously prefer that he were eating mostly finger foods, but considering the kid lives on yogurt, it is hard to do.  In the video he actually did a decent job of staying clean, but let me assure you, most nights he ends up looking something like this:

yogurt monster

We love our little yogurt monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment