Monday, July 9, 2012

Separation Anxiety

Took this cute picture of G this weekend with Aunt Pavi
I have really been hoping that we would get past our trip to India before Grayson developed separation anxiety, but I think it may have started yesterday, and reared its ugly head this morning.  I left Gray with his Daddy last night when I went to the grocery store, and as I was leaving he got kind of fussy, but P was able to calm him down with some dinner.  We were hoping that meant that he had just been hungry, but now I am not so convinced.  This morning I dropped him off with Miss Linda - the same person he has seen every morning since he was 3 months old - and as soon as I left the room he started crying.  When I drop him off, I leave him in one room with the daycare worker while I go down to his room for the rest of the day and unload his food and fill out his daily form.  He fussed the entire time that I was down the hall!  Miss Linda was trying to work her magic by talking to him about his trip to Dallas, but it didn't seem to do much good.  I stopped by to say good bye like I always do, and he calmed down while I held him, but as soon as I handed him off, he was all tears.  Poor baby, I hope he didn't cry for too long.  Knowing him, he probably started playing with the other little boy who was already there as soon as I was out the door!

(Timeline reference: today Gray is 9 months, 19 days)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment