Thursday, January 19, 2012

Daycare

This post is coming quite late...Graybean is already in his third week at our daycare, but we took some pictures, and it's a big day, so here is a recap. The daycare was closed for the New Year holiday on my first day back to work after the Christmas break, so P stayed home with G one more time. Our plan was for us both to take Grayson to "school" on his first day before we headed to work, but I was not feeling well (some sort of cold), and ended up calling in sick that day and going home after we dropped him off.  We paused to take a couple of pictures before we left for the day.
"Oh, this is going to be a fun day with Mommy"

"Wait, you're taking me WHERE?"

"But, I don't know if I want to go there..."

When we got to his daycare, we were shown to his room, introduced to the two women in his room, shown his crib, and the daily sign in/communication sheet. The sheet is how we let them know the last time he ate before getting there, and how the daycare let's us know when/how much he ate, how many diaper changes/what was inside (oh, the joys of parenting!), naps, if he is running low on any supplies, and daily activities. His teachers seemed really nice, and we were comforted by the fact that there were only two other kids in his room when we dropped him off. G is definitely the youngest one in his room (the others can sit on their own, so I am hopeful that he gets plenty of time in the arms of a caregiver throughout the day...plus he is the cutest one there...duh! Once we felt comfortable enough to leave him in his room (no tears from any of us!), we went into the office to fill out paperwork and get our fingerprints scanned. I love this security feature! The only way to get into the area where all of the kids are, is to scan your finger. When we left, P and I decided to go to our favorite coffee shop for a cup of joe before he went into work. I was very happy that I got to do that (although I hated feeling sick), because we got to spend a little one on one time together before our new normal started up. I think that I have just been very realistic about the fact that G would have to go to daycare from the very beginning...yes, I miss him terribly and hate that I am not with him all day, but I am thankful for my job and the fact that I can provide for my family at this phase in our life.

The other thing that really has helped me have a positive attitude about daycare is the fact that Gray doesn't have to go on Fridays.  His Daddy stays with him in the morning, and then at 11, I leave work and get to spend the rest of the day with my little squishy man.  Two and a half days with Graybean every week??  I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment